Monday, December 9, 2013

December update

Yeah I'm still here. Haven't really been in the mindset to post much this year, although it has been my best performing year to date. I'm up about 63% from the start of 2013. It hasn't been the perfect year, one of the big mistakes was going long AUD for nearly -10% but I got lucky and got out at BE. Another big mistake was that -6% loss whilst trading on limited info on my third trip to Samoa. Right now I am rueing my decision to get out on a winning trade - into year end the markets have moved significantly in my favour after I got out 3 weeks ago. Lessons from 2013? * I need to get better at riding my winners and cutting my losers. * I improved at risk management this year. * But I need to get better at being aggressive when the right moment comes. * I've improved my control over over-trading. * I need to get better at understanding macro. * I also need to get back at systemising my analysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment